For the last 20 months or so now, i have been searching for a real “good” but extremely simple application-player for playing all my business applications. I started on a premise that if I have an auto-scalable, performant, interoperable, pervasive infrastructure on clouds, then i should be able to just play my applications on a thin, app-player on my five year old fairly good desktop, a three year old smartphone, and a new, “connected” android tablet, all the same… and, btw, why not on a cloud-connected car?
That triggered my search for the truth, the truth i know is somewhere out there [as they said in X-files]! After lots of discussions, presentations, brainstorming cycles…
<Cloud-Log starting at 2012.01> [emulated from Captain's Log on Starship Enterprise]
Here are some tech questions esp. for those geeks hovering over this post searching for “Food”:
- Do you think a Web server streams an application and a web browser renders it on a client, same as a video streaming server streams bits to a client video player which renders those streaming bits?
- What technologies are required to make this streaming application “fit” for full user interaction?
- Are these nuts and bolts currently available or do we require any more pliers and spanners?
- Do you think we have such a client ”video” player with its minimum play-start-stop buttons interface in a browser? Are we talking of REST providing that player?
- What else can we develop to make the life of an application developer as easy as a video file-uploader?
What do you think?